A quickie this week…
For those who have not joined in the Five, here’s how it works: … I hit the shuffle button on my iTunes and share my five with a bit of insight for each track.
Then it’s your turn! Just share the first five random track of your shuffle in the comments and see what your fellow readers are listening to as well.
Here are this week’s tracks:
1. U2 – Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (from Achtung Baby)
Apparently a young bikini-clad lady is the current answer.
2. Ani DiFranco – Providence (feat. Prince) (from To the Teeth)
I know that it’s a stretch, but listen to Ani‘s “You Had Time” (from Out of Range) and then Prince‘s “Eye Love U, but Eye Don’t Trust U Anymore” (from Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic, which Ani provides guitar work) and then this track and tell me that it does not form an unholy trinity of a single story arc about relationships gone sour and the unhealthy way we handle them. One of the most demure and restrained Prince guest performances I have ever heard.
3. Jay-Z – Can I Get A… (feat. Amil of Major Coins and Ja Rule) (from Vol. 2… Hard Knock Life)
4. Mike Reno and Ann Wilson – Almost Paradise (Love Theme From Footloose) (from Footloose)
So do you think that they’ll get David Cook and Carrie Underwood to perform this tune for the upcoming remake of the film? Cheese factor be damned, I like this song a whole lot.
5. Trivium – Dying in Your Arms (from Ascendancy)
I could do without the cookie monster vocal during the breakdown, but outside of that this song is rather kick-ass.
Tag, you’re it!