I’ve had the opportunity to check out the sexy & sultry (and immensely talented) Grace Potter live a number of times over the past years. So I’m excited to see that she’s stopped into Daryl Hall’s Amenia, NY home for the latest installment of the great web series Live From Daryl’s House.
- I didn’t know it until I heard it from Daryl, but the drummer for the Nocturnals, Matt Burr, is Grace’s boyfriend. I always wondered who the target of Grace’s amorous and lustful ways was. Well played, Matt.
- The dinner scene is probably my favorite non-music portion. Laid back dinner conversation among musicians. For the viewers, it’s like being a fly on the wall – getting to eavesdrop on intimate musician talk. I’d watch an entire show made up musicians sitting around a dinner table swapping stories. Now there’s an idea.
- Of Grace’s songs, “Things I Never Needed” is my favorite of this episode. Great harmonies with Daryl, nice mellow vibe. Pretty song.
- Grace and Matt chose “Room to Breathe” from Hall & Oates’ 1976 album Bigger Than Both Of Us. Not only did they get me to check out the entertaining album cover (which they talk about), but I’ve queued it up on Rdio. “Rich Girl” was the big hit from the record, actually their very first #1 single on Billboard’s Hot 100 (their first of six).
- I am now in the mood for some gazpacho.