The American Music Awards were on tonight. I watched a little bit. Quick observations:
- I still don’t get Mary J. Blige or Jay Z. Jay Z played his Budweiser song. It made me think of a Budweiser commercial.
- I respect the Dixie Chicks for standing up to the right wingers and all, but the song they performed tonight? Zzzzz…
- I really like Jimmy Kimmel’s sense of humor. And his show.
- I felt very sorry for Barry Manilow during his performance of “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” and “What the World Needs Now”. Out of place (and out of face, for that matter – plastic surgery gone a wee bit too far).
- The show was so tame and safe that I actually enjoyed Fall Out Boy’s performance. Finally, a little rock & roll.
- Nelly Furtado is hot.
- I’m writing like Larry King in his USA Today column.
- I realized that I’ve grown a little too old for the AMA’s. My heyday for the AMA’s was the 80’s, and I still remember this 1985 performance; to this day, my favorite live performance of “Purple Rain”…