It’s been a long and busy week here at Ickmusic East full of ups and downs. Between the shocking and untimely passing of LeRoi Moore, Jerry Finn, Issac Hayes and Jerry Wexler the music community has lost many members these past two weeks. On the positive side it’s been a week of some cool discoveries (Paul Thorn, Ra Ra Riot) and some great live shows to remind me of the bonds we do create with these musicians and the healing power of music. This week’s playlist is influenced by this sentiment.
Match ANY of the following conditions
NAME contains Dance
NAME contains Light
NAME contains Friend
NAME contains Heart
NAME contains Soul
The tunes rang in aplenty from this combo…
For those who have not joined in the Five, here’s how it works: … I hit the shuffle button on my iTunes and share my five with some words (though not so many this week) for each track.
Then it’s your turn! You can play along with the themed playlist or just share the first five of your shuffle, either way the fun is in playing musical voyeur for the day.
Here are this week’s tracks:
1. Bryan Adams – Straight From the Heart (from So Far So Good)
2. Don Henley – The Heart of the Matter (from Actual Miles: Henley’s Greatest Hits)
3. Susanna and the Magical Orchestra – Condition of the Heart (from Controversy: A Tribute to Prince)
4. Dead Can Dance – Yulunga (Spirit Dance) (from Toward the Within)
5. John Mayer – Dreaming With a Broken Heart (from Continuum)
So what has you dancing into the weekend and beyond?